Monthly Archives: March 2013

WIP Wed: Secret Design

Standard

I guess it’s good timing that I have project that I’m mainly keeping under wraps at the same time as when I misplaced my camera. It doesn’t make for very interesting posts, but it makes life a lot easier for me. I’m also in my third week of student teaching, so it’s not like I have time to make much progress on anything.

Still, it’s going pretty well. I’m loving the lace pattern, and the rectangle part of this design went by really quickly. Now I’m on a part that increases, which is a little more tricky. I want to keep the increases within the pattern. It’s been going pretty well, but I’ve been really bad at keeping track of what I do. I know that this is going to make writing the pattern much harder, but I can’t exactly seem to make myself care!

This is another pattern for the Knit Picks Independent Designer Program, so I was lucky enough to get my hands on 7 skeins of Gloss DK (70% Merino, 30% Silk) in a lovely grayish lavender color. It’s simply gorgeous and I can’t wait to see how the FO comes out. I have a feeling that it will be amazing!

For more WIP Wed. posts, check out Tami’s.

FO: Wanderer

Standard

There have been a couple of projects that I’ve all but finished while you guys weren’t paying attention. One of which was this:

Wanderer was a pretty easy but engaging pattern to knit. The cables kept my attention, but the garter rib was pretty mindless, too. For some reason, the combination worked!  The only mod I did was to knit another couple of rows for a slouchy-er hat. No stress there!

Photo Courtesy of Ravelry- Just picture a longer version in lime green with a pom-pom!

Photo Courtesy of Ravelry- Just picture a longer version in lime green with a pom-pom!

I cast on for this pattern when I knew that I needed some portable stress knitting the weekend before I began student teaching (I began on a Wed.). I was casting off during my second to last undergraduate class, three days later. I even had time (ok, I was so bored, we were all doing 10 min. presentations and it was HORRIBLE) to make my first pom-pom in class to use up those last little bits of yarn. I think it came out pretty well!

The yarn is a little limey-er, too.

The yarn is a little limey-er, too.

Although the FO is pretty cute, I think I’m giving it away to a friend who has been waiting for a Birthday present for, oh, three months. Woops! I used up an entire 100g stash skein of Spud and Chloe Sweater (55% wool, 45% cotton). I’m not kidding- the whole skein. No leftovers! I was afraid that the cotton content would make it harder on my hands to knit, but that didn’t really happen. Still, it is too cotton-y for me to want to steal it for myself, so I’m perfectly happy passing it on.

Unfortunately, it seems that I have temporarily misplaced my camera at my parents’ house. Sorry about that! Hopefully I can find a substitute until I get that back from them (along with my heavy coat, which I also seem to have left there).