I am successful! Not only was I able to complete my Citron Shawl yesterday, but I had a couple of minutes after all of the guests were gone to lay it down to block. I probably had enough yarn to do another couple of rows, and in a perfect world I would have done it. With my time constrictions, though, I didn’t want to fiddle around with that. I basically did the pattern as is, which may be a first for me.
This morning, quite to my surprise, it was bone dry. I quickly got it off the board, sewed in my ends, and wrapped it up. My pile of presents for tonight’s early Hanukah is growing by leaps and bounds. Of course, the sweater is still a little damp. I have the fan blowing on it (as per Audry’s recommendation), so hopefully it will be dry enough for me to sew up the sleeves and weave in the ends in a couple of hours.
Quick recap: I started this Citron last Sunday with 1 50g skein of Malabrigo Lace in Verde Esperanze. Now, less than a week later, it’s a whole shawl. Yeah me! Hopefully, I’ll be able to snap a couple of picks of all of my presents on their intended recipients tonight.
For more FO Friday posts, check out Tami’s.